There is lots of talk about the new LinkedIn company pages. For some it is just another place on the internet they need to keep current. It can seem daunting at times. I currently have business pages on LinkedIn, Facebook, Google +, and Youtube that I need to update regularly, along with all of my personal profiles. Not to mention this blog that needs new content weekly. It does take a lot of time, but so does any sales and marketing plan. The better you get at it the faster it is and the more results you get. That said, it is a lot to keep up with and it is constantly changing, so I do recommend you train someone at your company to help you or hire and train an intern.
There is plenty of good information out there on how to put up your company page and I have linked to those at the end of this article. What’s missing is what to do once you complete your company profile. It’s like any other social media, if you are posting things and no one is watching you don’t get results. So here are 5 things I am doing to get people to follow my company page. First and foremost, I let them know I have one and share the link in the following ways:
1. Add a LinkedIn button to your website – when clicked it will take them to your company page.
2. Follow your clients. When they see you follow them, they may follow you.
3. Post an update on your personal profile and include the link to your company page. (See example below.)
5. Add a link to your LinkedIn Company page in the signature of your email (see below) and have it link to your company page. If you need to know how to do this, watch this screenr.
But don’t forget, once you have followers, you have to add value. So make a plan on what you will post and when. Then go back and check frequently to see if people are interacting and be sure to connect with them.
Below are some other resources to help you with LinkedIn Company Pages:
- Social Media Examiner - 5 Tips for Using The New LinkedIn Company Pages
- HubSpot’s ebook - How to Use LinkedIn for Business
- HubSpot - 11 Reasons Your LinkedIn Company Page Sucks
If you’d like to learn more about how to use LinkedIn I’d be happy to provide training for you and your sales team online or in person. Just call 775-852-5020 or visit www.aliceheiman.com.
Use Facebook to Comment on this Post